Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Days of Christmas at The Cafe`

 


This is the start of Kim's 12 days of Christmas. She so generously is giving away a texture a day for us to use. How wonderful is that!! I used her texture for today called "Lilly" for this edit. This is an old christening gown that belongs to my sister in law, she let me bring it home so that I could photograph it. I love the little gown and the pretty pink bow on the hanger. I went in search of a teddy bear to use in the photos but found a cute white bunny instead, I think he works pretty well with the dress and the old chair. I used two layers of Lilly one on soft light and the other on multiply, then I added scratched magic in screen mode, I love how the scratched magic gives the work an old print look. Hope everyone is having the start of a wonderful week. Check out The Cafe` for more uses of the new texture called "Lilly". Thanks Kim.    




12 Days of Christmas.

12 comments:

  1. Hello Pat,

    What a wonderful feel to this image. Snowy, yet indoors and the texture use is exquisite on this special combination of objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely photo! I have photos of my son in the christening gown (5 generations old!) but not the gown itself! I need to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet, warm feeling this image has! Wonderful compo and texture work, Pat! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another amazizng creation! Love the combination of things, it really works! Pure magic Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Pat! and the texture is just perfect with your gown and cute bunny! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet composition....lovely vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Pat !
    What a lovely dress and sweet bunny, wonderful photo and texture work !
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful still life, really love that composition and the editing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful composition you've created - so soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful shot Pat. Wonderful subject.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your image it is so delicate and pretty. Have a wonderful Christmas from New Zealand.
    Blessings Suzanne

    ReplyDelete