Monday, August 22, 2011

It is Texture Tuesday once again, boy the week goes by fast. This week the theme is "Back To School" and we had to use two of Kim's textures on the photo. I volunteered to do Senior photos for my grandson Tyler and he asked if I could help his friend Austin out and do some for him. Of course, I was happy to do this plus I figured if Tyler had a friend along he might be more comfortable. My youngest grandson Brandon was my equipment and set up man, he handled getting the stuff out of the car and keeping track of props and handling the diffuser and reflectors. What started out to be the perfect day for shooting, overcast and not sunny, turned into a brighter than bright sunny day. It was not the best circumstances for trying to shoot portrait work. Most of the shots will need to be redone but we had a great time and I got some good experience at posing them for the photos. The photo of Tyler is one that is way too bright but I wanted to use it, poor guy is trying so hard not to squint but the sun was so bright that it was impossible. I used two of Kim's magic textures, Feb. Magic, I believe and Magic Scratches. I am taking the boys out again this week, in the evening, this time to do some of the shots over and I have ideas for some other locations. They came home after the shoot and were on the computer looking up ways to pose for Senior photos, I had to laugh at that. I expected them both to be way too uncomfortable to relax but they did a great job.
It will be fun to see all the ways everyone has interpreted Back to School. Check out the web site and see for yourself.
 http://www.kimklassencafe.com/thecafe/




15 comments:

  1. Great composition. I think he looks great in BW! Have fun with your reshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture and editing work. Wonderfully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story and a great memory for all. And the photo turned out great! Thanks for stopping by my blog - cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea and I love the image together with the finished framing, it sets it off really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing.
    I am so impressed.
    My round so far has shown me many very original approaches, but yours takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo and an original approach to 'Back to School'. A great photo for TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the juxtaposition of the old book against the "new" polaroid to be so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layers and texture. Great portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that they are researching how to get the perfect images! Great shot, especially despite the unfavorable glare of sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the theme, lovely work . . . .Good luck with the next photo shoot :-) Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful combination ~ have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pose and I really like the extra layers you added - the frame, clip, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOve what you did here Pat! What a handsome dude :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great photo and layout!!!
    congratulations, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very handsome young man! And I love the framing!

    ReplyDelete